Founded by Laura Umansky in 2006, the Laura U Design Collective is an award-winning firm that takes a full-service approach to residential design. Specializing in interior design and renovations, we explore creative environments that integrate beauty and function, inspired by our clients’ passions and joys.
- Our Work: We design curated residential spaces that are a beautiful reflection of what’s most important to our clients. Our portfolio spans all style disciplines, from traditional to contemporary and everything in between.
- Our Focus: With our exclusive focus in the residential space, we are committed to the design of home. We believe that human experience drives both the functionality and personality of every room. Our projects are bold and genuine, entirely bespoke, and designed thoughtfully, with intention.
- Our Culture: Our culture is a celebration – of great design and great people. We offer a high energy environment that promotes balance, one where we are both devoted to our work and supportive of our personal joys. We are always looking for talented collaborators who hope to find purpose in their practice and share our mission.
The Marketing Manager is a vital and fun role in our fast-paced design firm. This position is responsible for all social media and some digital marketing, including emails and website updates. This role also facilitates one of the most important parts of our firm’s story, project photography. Working alongside the Communications Director, the Marketing Assistant lends a helping hand to business development efforts and participates in submissions for awards and editorial.
This is a high-touch role that reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and meets frequently with the CEO and other members of the design team. To be successful in this position, you must love content creation and have a head full of new ideas relating to photography, graphics, and caption writing. You’ll have a great team to guide you, yet you thrive directing your own creative vision. Preferably, you have at least 1-2 years of experience in social media marketing and/or content strategy, with a keen eye for composition.
We want someone who loves getting others excited about what’s going on in the firm. Outstanding communication skills are a must. We believe in doing great work and telling everyone about it. If you are enthusiastic, full of energy, and motivated to share the work of our talented firm, you will love joining our team.
- Create marketing content, both digital and traditional
- Content includes: social media posts, Instagram stories, Reels, YouTube videos, and TikToks, as well as graphics/photography for website, emails, and other printed collateral
- Set up in-studio photoshoots to promote major marketing initiatives, our process, and our people (project moodboards, team events, candid process photography)
- Design graphics for social media and other digital platforms
- Contribute to new ideas for social posts and additional online content according to analytics and trends
- Ideate, create, and deploy MailChimp campaigns at least 2x per month, focusing on brand awareness and conversion to our Potential New Client and partner lists
- Implement social media marketing strategy
- Schedule and post daily, weekly, and monthly according to editorial schedule on all active social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin, and TikTok)
- Review comments, likes, shares and engage with followers (both on a national and hyperlocal level)
- Identify opportunities for improving social media following and engagement by reviewing reporting weekly and bringing new ideas forward in Marketing meetings
- Ensure all posts and comments adhere to Laura U brand guidelines
- Assist in building a network of social brand advocates – we want our clients, vendors, and other design partners to rave about us
- Help identify social media collaboration opportunities with vendors, influencers, and others
- Monitor partner and competitor marketing activity to drive marketing strategy
- Develop comprehensive, holistic project promotion plans, with guidance of leadership
- Determine the projects to photograph, under direction of leadership team, and identify the right team to execute exceptional photography (including photographer, stager, etc.)
- Create editorial pitches for finished photography and online publication of projects in owned media (social, website, email)
- Field incoming press leads and pursue editorial opportunities
- Coordinate press inquiries and interviews
- Write press releases and distribute via digital and print channels
- Collaborate with the Exec team and designers to develop the narrative for every project, including social media captions
- Manage LUDC media and content curation
- Organize all photography, videos, and stock images for use in various platforms to shared drives
- Maintain the Laura U editorial calendar alongside Marketing Director and Copywriter
- Contribute to new ideas for social posts, and additional online content according to analytics and trends
- Assist Communications Director with compiling materials needed for editorial pitching, award submissions, marketing events, and other marketing initiatives outside of social media
- Coordinate marketing events under the direction of Director
- Assist with the execution of the client gifting process
- Curate photography folders
- Complete project briefs
- Work with Director and Design Team to promote all published editorial and award wins to social media
To Be Successful You Are:
- Degreed and Experienced
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, English, or similar
- 1-2 years of experience in social media management and content marketing
- Tech Savvy
- Strongly proficient in the use of Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, and Pinterest
- Knowledgeable of Google Analytics
- Moderately experienced with Facebook Business Manager
- Moderately experienced with WordPress
- Experienced with editing software a plus
- Final Cut Pro
- Mobile apps like Splice or Magisto
- Knowledgeable of social media scheduling tools, like Buffer, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, or Iconosquare
- A photographer or have photography experience
LUDC Perks and Benefits:
A Flexible/Hybrid work environment that promotes working from home and in the studio
Our studio is closed for 2 weeks during the Holiday Season
Half-day Fridays EVERY Friday – We close the studio at 1pm after our All-Hands Champagne Friday celebratory meeting
Healthcare Benefits Covered by LUDC from 50%-100% (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long term Disability, Life Insurance)
401K with a 4% match
We regularly celebrate our team with catered lunches and team outings!
50% Contribution to career-based membership dues (AIA, ASID, local chapters)
To apply, send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.