All about us:
The Laura U Design Collective is a forward-leaning, award-winning, multi-disciplinary studio specializing in residential architecture and interiors. We LOVE home and are leaders in our industry. Our Guided Design Process allows us to work with discerning homeowners all over the US and abroad. With headquarters in Houston, TX and an Aspen, CO. studio, we expertly manage all aspects of the design process, from foundation-to-furnishings.
We believe that we are never perfect, but we are always excellent. We are:
· Focused on a rarified client experience
· Relentlessly passionate about design in good taste
· Knowledgeable of our craft and committed to lifelong learning
· Boldly thoughtful and self-motivated; solving problems proactively
Why join our team:
In short, we love what we do! We are a design-oriented firm, managing interesting projects, and our clients are usually willing to push the creative envelope with us. We’re strong supporters of professional development and autonomy because we trust in the good judgement of our team. We actively encourage everyone at LUDC to come forward with new ideas, and we often implement them into our company practice. We believe in mentoring everyone to be their very best day in and day out. Then, we celebrate our wins with Champagne Fridays (our weekly recap with the full team) and completely open Paid Time Off (because work life balance is important to us). Our leadership team keeps an eye on the industry trends, and we have super-competitive compensation, bonus structure, benefits, and we always take a 2-week break for the winter holidays (paid, of course!).
Who we are Seeking:
Seeking an enthusiastic, driven, and collaborative Junior Building Designer (Architectural Designer, non-licensed) that will collaborate with our design team to create beautiful and innovative residences. This is an impactful role for our firm perfect for a highly creative, client-centric, and passionate emerging professional that thrives on creating Residential New Construction and Renovation Design. You are super enthusiastic, driven, and collaborative. You’ll work with the Design Team to create inspiring Residential New Construction and Renovation Designs. The Project Manager/Lead Designer is your direct manager and will develop your skill set beginning with our robust onboarding experience.
All about you:
You’re one of us! You will excel at this position because you’re an active listener and have a commitment to lifelong learning.
· You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or Interior Design (must have an interest in drafting with an interiors sensibility)
· You’ve been in the industry for 2+ years and enjoy growing and learning about our field.
· Hand Drafting & Sketching light you up and convey your meaningful design intent to the client.
· You have highly developed your skills in AutoCAD and/or Revit as well as Microsoft Office, Photoshop and/or illustrator.
· People often compliment you on your excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the High Net Worth clients you’ve worked with in the past.
· When collaborating with our in-house interior design team, outside interior designers, lighting designers, audio/video contractors, developers, builders, general contractors, vendors, and fabricators, you excel by communicating clearly and often, maintaining a balanced workflow and meeting deadlines.
· You have an amazing ability to shift your focus between multiple projects while maintaining a balanced workflow and meet deadlines.
· Your self-management is obvious and you to successfully meet deadlines and project commitments.
· In a nutshell, you walk-the-talk and always deliver!
Every day is an opportunity to be excellent (aka A Day in the Life)
· You’ll enjoy daily Communication with your Project Manager, weekly communication with the Creative Director and then meet quarterly with firm leadership to review your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Creating compelling architectural designs from concept-to-completion -and of the highest quality – is what gets you out of bed each day. In addition, you’ll be:
o Collaborating with the interior design team, lighting designers, audio/video contractors, developers, builders, general contractors, vendors, and fabricators happens daily
o Preparing for client meetings: printing out agendas and plans, coordinating with administration, and being in-studio as needed
o Reviewing your own work for quality and accuracy before submitting to the project leader.
o Developing your design skills in wood-frame construction and enhancing your knowledge of residential building codes
o Preparing and contributing to construction drawings to ensure quality for the firm.
· Working on a variety of concurrent projects keeps you engaged and inspired. You’ll support the Project Manager by attending site meetings, measuring and documenting as-built conditions, preparing meeting notes and agendas.
· You keep your projects on track and our clients informed and happy. In short, you are an architectural rock star working on compelling projects nationwide.