ASSISTANT DESIGNER | INTERIOR DESIGN
Founded by Laura Umansky in 2006, the Laura U Design Collective is an award-winning firm that takes a full-service approach to residential design. Specializing in interior design and renovations, we explore creative environments that integrate beauty and function, inspired by our clients’ passions and joys.
- Our Work: We design curated residential spaces that are a beautiful reflection of what’s most important to our clients. Our portfolio spans all style disciplines, from traditional to contemporary and everything in between.
- Our Focus: With our exclusive focus in the residential space, we are committed to the design of home. We believe that human experience drives both the functionality and personality of every room. Our projects are bold and genuine, entirely bespoke, and designed thoughtfully, with intention.
- Our Culture: Our culture is a celebration – of great design and great people. We offer a high energy environment that promotes balance, one where we are both devoted to our work and supportive of our personal joys. We are always looking for talented collaborators who hope to find purpose in their practice and share our mission.
The Designer is an emerging professional at our firm. Working closely with design leadership, this role helps bring our clients’ design visions to life by facilitating selections, meeting on-site, coordinating with our procurement team, and assisting with the final installation of furnishings. You will meet quarterly with your Project Lead & annually with the Executive Team to review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist the Design Team in collaboration with architects, lighting designers, audio/video contractors, developers, builders, General contractors, sub-contractors, vendors, and fabricators
- Visit local vendors to drop off fabrics, furniture, lighting, finishes as needed
- Visit warehouse and trades to check on production and receipt of goods
- Attend site visits for Construction Administration
- Under direction of your Project Lead, make design selections for the following: Architectural Materials, Furnishings, Fabrics, Lighting, Art & Accessories
- Under direction of Project Lead, produce Interior Architectural drawings: Plans, elevations, sections, details; Plumbing & Lighting layouts; Custom Millwork: kitchen, closets, bathrooms, etc…; Tile designs
- Prepare orders for projects
- Assist in the production of detailed pricing and ordering documents
- Coordinate with in-house procurement and logistics team
To Be Successful You Are:
- Degreed and Experienced: BA, BFA, or BS in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited program
- 2+ years of residential design experience
- Able to hand draft and sketch at a beginner level
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Tech Minded: Revit, Sketchup, and 3D rendering a plus
- StudioWebware: will train
- Microsoft Office:
- Word: Proficient
- Excel: Proficient
- PowerPoint: Proficient
- Outlook: Proficient
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to comfortably interact with High Net Worth clients
- Exceptional with maintaining a balanced workflow, while meeting deadlines: you are a highly organized, self-motivated problem solver
LUDC Perks and Benefits:
- A Flexible/Hybrid work environment that promotes working from home and in the studio
- Unlimited PTO
- Our studio is closed for 2 weeks during the Holiday Season
- Half-day Fridays EVERY Friday – We close the studio at 1pm after our All-Hands Champagne Friday celebratory meeting
- Healthcare Benefits Covered by LUDC from 50%-100% (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long term Disability, Life Insurance)
- Bi-annual bonusing
- 401K with a 4% match
- We regularly celebrate our team with catered lunches and team outings!
- 50% Contribution to career-based membership dues (AIA, ASID, local chapters)