All About Us:
Founded by Laura Umansky in 2006, the Laura U Design Collective is an award-winning firm that takes a full-service approach to residential design. Specializing in interior design and renovations, we explore creative environments that integrate beauty and function, inspired by our clients’ passions and joys.
- Our Work: We design curated residential spaces that are a beautiful reflection of what’s most important to our clients. Our portfolio spans all style disciplines, from traditional to contemporary and everything in between.
- Our Focus: With our exclusive focus in the residential space, we are committed to the design of home. We believe that human experience drives both the functionality and personality of every room. Our projects are bold and genuine, entirely bespoke, and designed thoughtfully, with intention.
- Our Culture: Our culture is a celebration – of great design and great people. We offer a high energy environment that promotes balance, one where we are both devoted to our work and supportive of our personal joys. We are always looking for talented collaborators who hope to find purpose in their practice and share our mission.
Our firm is seeking a fun, sharp, and ambitious business development leader to join our team. We have awesome onboarding and are highly collaborative, so you will be off to a solid start. On the flip side, we are all about self-efficacy and accountability and the ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, and use initiative. You’ll love to connect with luxury residential architecture firms, residential realtors, and residential builders throughout Houston, Texas, to tell them all about Laura U Design Collective, our team, and our love of home.
You are also a social butterfly and love meeting our clients where they like to be: philanthropic and community events, neighborhood and interest groups, etc… Our firm believes in supporting our community and we treat our client’s interests as our own. You are highly skilled at sales and business operations; this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters that create beautiful homes that our clients absolutely love.
- Manage both our existing sales pipeline and the development of new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in developing new business proposals and presentations that create and nurture opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a sales pipeline for short/medium/long term in accordance with pre-set targets
- Coordinate with our Director-level team to convert new business
- Generate new leads through networking and cold outreach, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, and qualify all leads prior to progress with Director-level team
- Facilitate the PNC intake process from digital marketing sources, from outreach through to close
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks to marketing and Director-level team in order to achieve strategic goals
- Motivate the team, track performance, and report metrics
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer needs, and meet regularly with Leadership to discuss strategy
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed proposal requirements, content creation, and inputs from Director-level design team
- Develop and implement overarching B2B and B2C business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations (ex. speaking to Realtors about the benefit of working with a professional interior design firm)
To Be Successful You Are:
- Successful and have a proven track record in B2B sales
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Able to develop and convert new, right-fit, business
- Proficient in data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- An excellent planner and can successfully navigate the tools and resources provided to you by LUDC
- Experienced in the architecture/design/construction industries in Houston – this is a major plus
LUDC Perks and Benefits:
A Flexible/Hybrid work environment that promotes working from home and in the studio
Our studio is closed for 2 weeks during the Holiday Season
Half-day Fridays EVERY Friday – We close the studio at 1pm after our All-Hands Champagne Friday celebratory meeting
Healthcare Benefits Covered by LUDC from 50%-100% (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long term Disability, Life Insurance)
401K with a 4% match
We regularly celebrate our team with catered lunches and team outings!
50% Contribution to career-based membership dues (AIA, ASID, local chapters)
To apply, please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.