All about us:
The Laura U Design Collective is a forward-leaning, award-winning, multi-disciplinary studio specializing in residential architecture and interiors. We LOVE home and are leaders in our industry. Our Guided Design Process allows us to work with discerning homeowners all over the US and abroad. With headquarters in Houston, TX and an Aspen, CO. studio, we expertly manage all aspects of the design process, from foundation-to-furnishings.
We believe that we are never perfect, but we are always excellent. We are:
· Focused on a rarified client experience
· Relentlessly passionate about design in good taste
· Knowledgeable of our craft and committed to lifelong learning
· Boldly thoughtful and self-motivated; solving problems proactively
Why join our team:
In short, we love what we do! We are a design-oriented firm, managing interesting projects, and our clients are usually willing to push the creative envelope with us. We’re strong supporters of professional development and autonomy because we trust in the good judgement of our team. We actively encourage everyone at LUDC to come forward with new ideas, and we often implement them into our company practice. We believe in mentoring everyone to be their very best day in and day out. Then, we celebrate our wins with Champagne Fridays (our weekly recap with the full team) and completely open Paid Time Off (because work life balance is important to us). Our leadership team keeps an eye on the industry trends, and we have super-competitive compensation, bonus structure, benefits, and we always take a 2-week break for the winter holidays (paid, of course!).
Who we are Seeking:
This is a management seat in our firm and requires an enthusiastic, driven, and collaborative Project Architect/Designer to work in tandem with our Creative Director. This seat is for a highly creative professional that can execute on Residential New Construction and Renovation Design.
All about you:
You’re one of us! You will excel at this position because you’re an active listener and have a commitment to lifelong learning.
· You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture from an accredited program
· You’ve been in the industry for 5+ years and enjoy growing and learning about our field.
· You are an expert at Hand Drafting & Sketching – it lights you up and allows you to convey your meaningful design intent to the client.
· You are an expert in AutoCAD as well as Microsoft Office and Outlook.
· Photoshop, Illustrator, Revit, Sketchup, & 3D rendering is a plus.
· You have residential construction administration experience.
· People often compliment you on your excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the High Net Worth clients you’ve worked with in the past.
· When collaborating with our in-house interior design team, outside interior designers, lighting designers, audio/video contractors, developers, builders, general contractors, vendors, and fabricators, you excel by communicating clearly and often, maintaining a balanced workflow and meeting deadlines.
· You have an amazing ability to shift your focus between multiple projects while maintaining a balanced workflow and meet deadlines.
· Your self-management is obvious and you to successfully meet deadlines and project commitments.
· In a nutshell, you walk-the-talk and always deliver!
Every day is an opportunity to be excellent (aka A Day in the Life)
· You’ll enjoy daily Communication with our Creative Director and meet quarterly with firm leadership to review your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Creating compelling architectural designs from concept-to-completion -and of the highest quality – is what gets you out of bed each day.
· Understand wood-frame construction and familiarity of residential building codes
· Prepare, review, and redline construction documents.
· Translate Schematic Design to a set of documents for production.
· Ability to incorporate applicable building codes and standards into projects
· Select and manage Finishes and Technical Lighting
· Effectively lead and manage a small team of designers, including structured mentoring, clear delegation of tasks, review of work for quality and accuracy, and give constructive criticism. In short, you are an architectural rock star working on compelling projects nationwide.
To apply, please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.