Senior Project Designer
All About Us:
Founded by Laura Umansky in 2006, the Laura U Design Collective is an award-winning firm that takes a full-service approach to residential design. Specializing in interior design and renovations, we explore creative environments that integrate beauty and function, inspired by our clients’ passions and joys.
- Our Work: We design curated residential spaces that are a beautiful reflection of what’s most important to our clients. Our portfolio spans all style disciplines, from traditional to contemporary and everything in between.
- Our Focus: With our exclusive focus in the residential space, we are committed to the design of home. We believe that human experience drives both the functionality and personality of every room. Our projects are bold and genuine, entirely bespoke, and designed thoughtfully, with intention.
- Our Culture: Our culture is a celebration – of great design and great people. We offer a high energy environment that promotes balance, one where we are both devoted to our work and supportive of our personal joys. We are always looking for talented collaborators who hope to find purpose in their practice and share our mission.
This is a management seat in our firm and requires an enthusiastic, driven, and collaborative Project Architect/Designer to work in tandem with our Director of Residential Design. This seat is for a highly creative professional that can execute on Residential New Construction and Renovation Design.
- Create compelling architectural designs of the highest quality
- In the following phases: Discovery and Inspiration, Conceptual/Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction administration
- Provide input to the design and construction schedule, overseeing the schedule throughout design, documentation and construction to ensure project is being completed in timely manner as required.
- Oversee budgeted hours for assigned projects and is responsible for keeping team on task, on schedule and within budgeted hours for each project.
- Communicates with Director of Residential Design here on any issues with managing project and associated staff, including when a project is exceeding its budgeted time.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of staff workload and scheduling on assigned projects.
- Prepare, review and redline construction drawings for RD team
- Translate Schematic Design to a set of documents for production
- Incorporate applicable building codes and standards into projects
- Select and manage Finishes and Technical Lighting
- Production of clear and detailed finish schedules
- Provide input in developing proposals and contracts for potential projects, including assisting in estimating fees/hours and determining scopes of work and additional services that may be required.
- Lead and manage a small team of designers
- Structured Mentoring
- Clear delegation of tasks on each project
- Review work for quality and accuracy
- Constructive criticism
- Communicate daily/weekly with Design Directors and Firm Leadership
- Meet quarterly with leadership to review Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and ensure business and project goals are met
- Collaborate with interior design team, lighting designers, audio/video contractors, developers, builders, general contractors, vendors, and fabricators
To Be Successful You Are:
- Degreed and/or experienced:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture from an accredited program
- A minimum of 6 years of design experience preferred
- Experienced in Residential construction administration experience preferred
- Experienced in Hand Drafting/Sketching preferred
- Tech Minded:
- An AutoCAD expert
- Revit, Sketchup, and 3D rendering a plus
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to interact with High-Net-Worth clients and are comfortable with being client facing
- Able to manage concurrent projects, maintain a balanced workflow and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable of wood-frame construction and have familiarity with residential building codes
LUDC Perks and Benefits:
A Flexible/Hybrid work environment that promotes working from home and in the studio
Our studio is closed for 2 weeks during the Holiday Season
Half-day Fridays EVERY Friday – We close the studio at 1pm after our All-Hands Champagne Friday celebratory meeting
Healthcare Benefits Covered by LUDC from 50%-100% (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long term Disability, Life Insurance)
401K with a 4% match
We regularly celebrate our team with catered lunches and team outings!
50% Contribution to career-based membership dues (AIA, ASID, local chapters)
To apply, please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.